Sunday, November 20, 2016

Drop Your Net and Follow Me

"Walking along the beach of Lake Galilee, Jesus saw two brothers: Simon (later called Peter) and Andrew. They were fishing, throwing their nets into the lake. It was their regular work....They didn’t ask questions, but simply dropped their nets and followed." (Matthew 4:18-22 MSG)


This was the story that popped into my mind every day while I was finishing up my first year of teaching earlier this year. God was calling me to drop my net and follow Him. I had no idea what that meant, but I knew deep down that it meant not returning to Norfolk Christian for another year of teaching in the fall. 



Since then, I have been trusting Him and listening closely. After months of applying for jobs, I finally found a job that I am excited about. At the beginning of January, I will be moving to Colombia, SC to begin this new chapter of my life with a company called FAST Enterprises. I will be working as a training coordinator for this company that has created software for government agencies all across the United States. 



I am excited to begin this new chapter in my life because I am 100% confident that it is where God wants me to be. He asked me to leave my ordinary, comfortable life. That was the scariest thing I've ever done, leaving a job with no job prospects at the time. 



To those that have been praying for me, thank you. This season of life has been difficult, and I am grateful for the way you have lifted me up to the Lord. I am excited for a fresh start and ready to see what the Lord has in store for me in Colombia, SC! 


No comments: