Friday, December 30, 2016

Restore: Word of the Year

This is something I do every year. I think about and pray about a word to focus on for the upcoming year. It's been amazing to look back at the end of the year and see how God really worked through a simple word or how a word described my year so perfectly. For the year 2017, my new word is "RESTORE."


When I think of the word restore, my mind immediately thinks of HGTV. So many shows on that channel take something old and broken and turn it into something beautiful. Sometimes the item isn't even broken, but once it is restored it looks even better than it did in the beginning!


My true inspiration behind this word came a few months ago. I absolutely love the show Fixer Upper with Chip and Joanna Gaines. I was on their website looking at their online shop and came across a sale on something I had always wanted: a giving key necklace. As you can probably guess, the word on the key was "RESTORE."


At the time, there really wasn't much of a significance. I was without a job and feeling quite lost. As I get ready to start this new year though, no word makes more sense! As I begin this new chapter of my life, I hope that restore is a word that will describe every aspect.


Restore some order, restore some lost faith, restore beauty to what feels like a completely broken year.


And to end, my favorite Bible verse:

1 Peter 5:10
"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

No comments: