Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful

There is so much to be thankful for. 

I have a roof over my head, running water, and more than enough food. 

I have a family that cares for me and loves me each and every day. 

I have a beautiful puppy who brings joy and laughter to my life 24/7 (She wakes me up every morning by licking my face!). 

I have a job where I get to spend the day teaching 16 beautiful children, each with their own stories. 

At my job, I get to talk about Jesus openly and freely. I get to point my students back to Christ, always.

Have I mentioned I also have amazing co-workers? Beautiful friends who bring extra coffee from Starbucks on those long afternoons. People who encourage, pray for you and with you. People who listen to your rants with grace, and then point you back to Christ. 

Then there is anything related to my faith. I am thankful for the love and grace of Jesus. The hope and joy that I can only find in Him. I get to openly worship at church each Sunday. I get to teach Bible stories at school. I can read my Bible whenever I want. I even have an app for it in my phone. 

I could go on and on about all the blessings in my life. If I have learned one thing in my life, it is that I am so blessed. 

From my travels to third world countries, especially living in Nicaragua for two months, I have seen what it looks like to live with nothing. Ironically, these people were often more thankful than I ever was. They had an eternal perspective on what it means to be blessed. They understood that if have Christ in you life, you have everything. 

Let's think today and everyday with this eternal perspective. Be thankful to God for all that He has blessed you with. The small things, the big things, it is all yours because of Him.

No comments: