Sunday, November 1, 2015

A Lamp for those without a Light

Last week at school was Mission's week. It was an extraordinary time where our elementary school students got to hear about mission's work happening all over the world. When I was in school, this was always one of my FAVORITE weeks of the year.


I have loved reading the reflections my 4th graders wrote at the end of the week. Seeing young children with such big hearts gives me such hope. I hope that I can continue to bring up students who are mission's minded. Young people who have a heart for the Lord and a heart for sharing His love with others.


Here are a few of the things they wrote in their reflections:

~I pray that God will always be with the people who need help all over the world.
~I hope they learn about Jesus their entire lives.
~I want to go out and be a missionary to help them all.
~We could pray for the children at Nepal that they would be safe.
~I learned we need to pray for these people because some of them don't have a house or family.
~I will always try to be praying about people who are sad and lonely.


As my class continues to learn about Ambassadorship over the year, I pray that these memories and prayers will never leave them. I pray that they will always remember the hurting people all over the world. I pray that they will become a lamp for those without a light and a servant to all in need.


No comments: